Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yes, You are seeing a new post!!!

So I think I would probably win for the most neglected blog ever!
Okay so since my last post Emma learned to clog this year in dance and had her fifth dance recital. She had lots of fun at field day but then had a teary goodbye to her teacher on the last day of school. My sweet tender heart Emma. A couple weeks later, Emma and Maeley had dance camp. Maeley was so excited she finally got to be in her own dance class. She loved it and cant wait to start in the fall.
-- Potty training story---
Then on to potty training which is a story in itself - So in January Maeley started on her own and did perfect for 3 full days! Then for some reason I'll never know she stopped and didnt want anything to do with the potty, pull ups or panties,(the p-words were very bad). Probably late February we were at Costco and I thought I'd ask (which I had occasionally done with a definite NO reply) and for some reason she said yes. So I took her and sure enough she went. I did reward with some ice cream (probably more so because I wanted some). So from that time on until beginning of June she had a fetish with Costco and would ONLY go at Costco. I did bribe with ice cream, toys, candy, you name it to go at home or other places but no, just Costco. Finally I knew I was going to run out of diapers on Saturday but had plenty of pull ups. So on Sunday I finally got her talked into wearing one, assuring her it was just like a diaper. Even though I told her she could pee and poop in it. She started to go on the potty at home, But still have nothing to do with panties. Four days after her birthday, I bribed her with a cream slush from Sonic (THE best by the way peach or watermelon mmmm, man I am definitely pregnant). It worked! and from that time on she has done AWESOME! She is even sleeping without a pull-up YEAH!!!

--Back to the summer update--- So Maeley turned 3 years old during the whole potty training ordeal. My family flew out to help us celebrate. The night my Dad and brother flew in, we were awakened by Tornado sirens at 2:30 in the morning. There was a touch down which destroyed a dozen homes and the roof of the Wal-mart on L street (for all the former Omahans). We celebrated Maeleys birthday and went to Splash station and new water park and had lots of fun. Then came home opened presents and went to Famous Daves to eat. The next day, my family was supposed to leave and Jared was on-call at the hospital when that night was probably the scariest tornado warning I have experienced. My family and I hid under the stairs for probably about and hour. Jared kept calling saying the reports were saying it was basically right over our heads. That was the same night the tornado touched down and destroyed the Little Sioux scout camp. CRAZY! We probably had the tornado sirens go off about 5 different times within a week and half time. Luckily we were untouched, except the drainage canal behind our house was overfull and probably spanned about 25-30 feet across for about 20 mins. Talk about WATER!
Anyway onto the next fun thing, I finally made it to a College World Series Game. We only had general admission tickets. (which means there is NO where to sit). So we ended up sitting in the reserved seats until someone kicked us out, which happened 4 times. But we finally ended the game sitting right behind home plate! We saw Fresno State that night with their first upset.
Then Jareds parents came out to stay for a week and we took them camping to Summit Lake. The girls had a blast fishing for a bit and then playing on the beach the rest of the day. Then Jared finally gave into my begging and built a swing set for the kids with his Dad. They did an awesome job and now we are the cool house to be. GO Dad! We also headed back to Rosenblatt for the 4th of July and had alot of fun. The fireworks were amazing as always. I videoed the finale and had intentions to post it to maybe make some of you miss Omaha. But that of course didn't happen. Then 2days after Grandma and Grandpa left, I flew to Utah with the girls. I will end there for now because Im sure by now everyone is wishing my blog still read Its a boy. Stay tuned for the rest of our fun filled summer or just watch the slide show for the quicker version.

4 comments:

The Van Dyke's said...

Hey there cute Brown Family-
It looks like you are all doing well and havin' lots of fun. Congrats on the baby boy to come- I'm sure that he will be every bit as cute as your girl's are.

brownfam said...

So glad you FINALLY updated. It was good to see you guys and hang out. By the way, found the nightgown, I must have gathered all of Kendra's stuff out of her bag and threw it all in the wash, without looking. I gave it to Mom and Dad Brown. Good luck over the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun...I have missed hearing an update...wish I would have seen you while you were here. Lets for sure get together next time!

Elise said...

I'm glad to see that you guys made it through those storms ok. The thing we missed most on the fourth was the fireworks at Rosenblatt they are so awesome, nothing around here can quite compare. Take care!